Heavy armed clashes continue in Zamboanga. Christians are caught in the crossfire. Please pray.
By Pastor Glem Melo
- Despite of truce announcements, heavy armed clashes continue between government forces and the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) in Zamboanga City.
- Rebels continue to hold at least 100 hostages.
- At least 52 people have been killed and 56 wounded.
- A total of 62,329 have been displaced.
1. Christians are caught in the crossfire. Open Doors reports:
The rebels attacked a community that was 550 yards away from a church that ministered to Sama and Tausug believers from a Muslim background. Seven communities had reportedly been besieged and about 800 people evacuated and sought refuge in the grandstands. But believers from a Muslim background belonging to the Sama tribe remained trapped in the towns of Rio Hondo, Arena Blanco, Mampang, and Talon-Talon. Reports from the ground indicated that the believers were held hostage by the MNLF, if not stranded. “They have gone without food for two days now,” said…
View original post 120 more words