Last night, I had a dream and in that dream the Lord told me, “Don’t know the right hand from the left hand.” I remembered that that’s a description of the spiritual condition of Nineveh in the book of Jonah. And so I asked, “Lord, is that me or the lost people of California?”
I very rarely have dreams like that. In fact, I only had a total of three in 33 years of following Jesus.
This morning, I looked up that phrase, and it’s in Jonah 4:11. As I meditate on verses 10 and 11, the following stands out:
1. God has been tending and making California grow, and that did not happen “overnight” (v. 10a).
2. California will not die “overnight” (v. 10b).
3. God has “concern for the great cit[ies of California], in which there are [millions of] people who cannot tell their right hand from their left—and also many animals” (v. 11).
1. For continuing sanctification and the fullness and leading of the Spirit for me and our mission teams worldwide, and
2. For our evangelism and church planting mission in California.
* Photo by Frederic Larson