“Having individually passed the membership interview, Open Eyes Mission trainee Ernnel Tacandong and his wife Divine made their public declaration of faith and were received as new members of Kagay-an Reformed Church. It was a day of great encouragement and rejoicing for the whole congregation. Now, I will begin teaching, training and mentoring Ernnel for future service as a local church elder. God willing and working, we will soon witness the restoration of the KRC consistory (council of elders). With a faithful eldership, we can expect God’s blessing upon the church, leading to the greater advancement of the work of the gospel, as promised in His word. Praise the Lord!” – Pastor Glem Melo
By Pastor Glem Melo
Five (5) major milestones mark the history of our mission.
- It was pioneered in 1997.
- On January 1998, I left the United States and started establishing our mission in Mindanao. In April of the same year, I was ordained as a minister of the gospel.
- On January 9, 2000, we conducted our very first local church service in our home in Cagayan de Oro City.
- On August 9, 2007, I started studying Reformed theology.
- On August 29, 2010, our local congregation was instituted as a Kagay-an Reformed Church (KRC).
Yesterday, we witnessed another major milestone take place in both our local church and Open Eyes Mission. For two (2) years, Ernnel Tacandong faithfully attended our long-term Bible Training classes and served as a contractual worker for our “Relief to Rehabilitation to Church Planting Program” for flood victims-survivors. Last year, he and his wife Divine started attending our…
View original post 360 more words